Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Achieving Your Childhood Dreams
Amazing! I thoroughly enjoyed this lecture. My goal is to evolve into the kind of teacher he is. Caring and compassion are so important when you are touching the lives of your students and Randy Pausch possessed both of these, just like I hope and plan to.

“Anything is possible.” This stuck out to me probably more than anything else. Having faith and BELIEVING that we are capable to do anything we set out minds and reach the goals we set for ourselves is essential. “Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted.” This is so important to remember. Not everything is always going to work out, nor go the way we planned. That’s ok though. Everything we do, any choice or decision we make has the potential to be a learning experience. The more learning experiences we have, the better teachers we can become!

He is full of great motivational advice. The way he ended his lecture, with the advice,” It is not about how you achieve your dreams, but it is about how you lead your life.” It is a reminder to follow the right paths, become a person you are proud of, and always strive to be a better version of yourself. If you do these things, you are creating stepping stones to making these dreams come true. And dream, until they do.

This video really was exceptional! It was definitely worth watching, and I am so glad I had the opportunity to. He made some key points that I definitely took to heart. Some of his points I hope to follow are: helping others because it makes us better people in return, never lose childhood wonderment and having fun as a teacher in your classroom. These are three things that I want to implement into my career as a teacher and hopefully follow in his footsteps in this aspect.

2 comments:

  1. Tracy, I couldn't agree more. This lecture really touched me. I have actually heard about this lecture through other speakers and had always been interested in seeing it. I was to glad that Dr. Strange made this a part of our learning environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree this lecture was powerful in every aspect. I enjoyed watching Mr. Pausch he is a great example of a great teacher. I wish I could have been able to be a part of one of his classes. The points you will take with you from him are all good ones. I enjoyed reading your post. We had a lot of the same thoughts about the lecture.

    ReplyDelete