Friday, April 30, 2010

Final Blog Post

1. I learned so much in this class! I think the amount I learned about technology in just one semester amazes me. What amazes me ever more, is the fact that there is so much more out there still to learn.
-Blogging: I benefited a great deal from this. It was also need to be able to connect to people from all around the world. I would love to implement class blogs into my classroom once I become a teacher.
-Skype: I think cool is the best word to describe this. I’d heard of it before, but this semester is the first time I actually ‘skyped’ with somebody.
-Google Presentations: free, easy, convenient. Needless to say, I loved this tool!!
Picasa: I have had the most fun with this tool. I love taking pictures, and the editing tools on this are amazing! I now use Picasa all the time.

2. I firmly believed this covered everything possible, and then some. I was overwhelmed with the amount of information that was thrown at us, but looking back, I now appreciate the fact that I was introduced and now know how to use so much different technology.

3. I don’t want to forget anything, regardless of it I enjoyed doing it or not, EVERYTHING is a learning experience and is valuable in some way or another. You can never know too much, and there is always something to learn and build on. This class was the perfect example of that.

4. Keeping up, and building onto my personal blog excites me. It is going to be a great resource in the future, especially after I graduate and begin looking for a job. I would love to have the opportunity to look back, and share with others what I have learned/put into my blog.

5. This class has challenged me from day one, without a doubt. I think time consuming is a more appropriate word, there was ALWAYS a blog to post, or a project to work on. I was challenged to keep up with deadlines, and figuring out how to properly use the tools we were instructed to learn about and use.

6. Boring and this class do not go together. This class was never once boring. Stressful yes, but not boring.

7. If anything was to be changed about this class I think it should be having clear expectations from day one and explaining in greater detail about each tool, program we will use and how to properly put it to use. Also, maybe having the projects spaced out throughout the semester so the end isn’t quite so overwhelming.

8. I still have a lot to learn, but I have come a long ways since January. I hope I can continue to learn and grow on what I know already. I think that is what this class is all about!

9. I would love to keep up with my classroom and professional blogs. I would love to find every way possible to integrate technology into my classes here at South and continuing on into my own classroom one day!

2 comments:

  1. "...there is so much more out there still to learn." And it won't ever stop. Just like learning. "Learning never ends" if we approach life correctly.

    "...having the projects spaced out throughout the semester so the end isn’t quite so overwhelming." You are probably correct.

    "...I can continue to learn and grow on what I know already. I think that is what this class is all about!" You are so right!

    Contribute to the Alumni Blog when possible.

    Thanks for your enthusiastic and delightful participation in EDM 310. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...there is so much more out there still to learn." And it won't ever stop. Just like learning. "Learning never ends" if we approach life correctly.

    "...having the projects spaced out throughout the semester so the end isn’t quite so overwhelming." You are probably correct.

    "...I can continue to learn and grow on what I know already. I think that is what this class is all about!" You are so right!

    Contribute to the Alumni Blog when possible.

    Thanks for your enthusiastic and delightful participation in EDM 310. Good luck!

    NOTE: In my first version of this comment the link did not work. This version corrects that. I have made no other changes.

    ReplyDelete