Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sunday, April 25, 2010

A 7th Grader's Personal Learning Environment (or PLN)
This video got me excited to get into the classroom as a teacher. I love how excited the student is and she is ready to try new things and learn using technology. What amazed me the most was the fact that she is only in the seventh grade. There are a lot of programs mentioned in the video that could potentially be good references for teaching technology in the classroom like this.


Two Questions That Can Change Your Life
“What’s my sentence?” and “Was I better today than yesterday?” are two questions that make you really think. And when you think about it, both have the potential to change your life. These questions are ones that day by day can be answered. Motivation is key.

“What’s my sentence?” As a future teacher, I want to motivate and encourage my students to be the best versions themselves and fill them with as much knowledge as I am capable of, always wanting and striving to grow and learn new things, and reminding myself and my students that there is no age limit on learning.

I want to be better than the day before. The question, “Was I better than the day before?” is a reminder that each day is a new day and anything can be accomplished if we set our minds to it. Setting out to achieve what makes you happy and feel successful are the stepping stones to this and a reminder than each day is one step closer to achieving this.

1 comment:

  1. When I first saw the video of the seventh graders PLE, I sat in complete AWE! What a talented student, with an amazing passion to learn! She seems to be the ideal student. As far as two questions goes, I couldn't agree with you more. I always want my students to better themselves and be their own number one competitor always trying to be better then before! I believe with passion and determination all students can be better then they were before!

    ReplyDelete